Lemon Yogurt Breakfast Cake
The View From the Great Island
Lemon Yogurt Breakfast Cake, or Ciambella ~ this is a classic Italian style lemon bundt cake with lots of lemony flavor and a delicate crumb. Pair it with a good cup of coffee and you've got the start to a great day.
- dry ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 0.75 cups granulated sugar
- 0.75 cup full fat yogurt
- 1-2 zest lemons
- 0.25 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 0.75 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Butter and flour and bundt pan.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat the eggs for 2 minutes until pale and thick. Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Blend in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix just until completely blended.
- Turn the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Don't over bake.
- Let the cake cool on a rack for 10 minutes before turning out. I like to flip it over so the rough edge faces up. Let cool completely before dusting with sugar.