6 Minute Instant Pot Lobster Risotto
The View From the Great Island
6 Minute Instant Pot Lobster Risotto ~ a luxuriously creamy risotto enriched with brandy, mascarpone cheese, and browned butter, all made in just a few minutes, right in the Instant Pot!
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 leek, sliced and rinsed well
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 0.5 cup brandy
- 2 cups fish stock
- 3 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fresh thyme leaves or snipped chives for garnish
- browned butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, salted or unsalted
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and boil the lobster tails for about 7 minutes, or just until the shells turn bright red and the tails curl. Let the tails cool slightly and then use kitchen shears to cut lengthwise along the back of the shell. Crack it open and pry out the meat. Give the meat a rough chop and set aside.
- Add the 1 Tbsp butter and olive oil to the Instant Pot and push 'Saute'. Saute the shallots and leeks for a minute or two, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and stir well. Add the brandy and let it absorb for a few seconds. Add the fish stock and give everything a stir.
- Put the lid on, lock, and set the pressure release valve to 'sealed'. Press 'pressure cook' and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, release the pressure and open the pot. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in shallow bowls topped with the lobster and drizzled with browned butter. Garnish with fresh thyme or chives.
- To make browned butter, heat the butter, stirring constantly, in a skillet over medium heat. It will melt, and then foam up. After the foaming subsides the little specks of milk solids in the butter will start to turn brown. Keep stirring or swirling the butter until it is a nice deep brown. Be careful not to take it too far or it will burn.