Almond Butter Skillet Bondie
The View From the Great Island
These Almond Butter Skillet Blondies are an easy one bowl skillet dessert that makes a quick treat for the family, or the perfect ending to a romantic evening. Or maybe both!
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- set oven to 350F
- Butter a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- Whisk together the melted butter, sugars, and almond butter until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and salt, and then fold in the chocolate chips. I like to reserve a few to poke into the top of the batter before it bakes.
- Spread the batter evenly into to skillet, and bake for about 25-28 minutes, just until it's starting to set around the edges, and get a slight hint of golden around the edges, too. Don't over bake, better to take it out too early than too late.
- Enjoy while still warm with ice cream, or let it cool and slice.