Almond Rice Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Recipe to make Almond Rice Pudding with homemade Caramel Sauce. Served with fresh fruit and chopped nuts -- it's absolutely delicious.
- 0.5 cup white rice ((Basmati, Jasmine or Arborio rice are good options, but any white rice would work here))
- 2 cups almond milk (Unsweetened (or any other dairy or non-dairy milk, but of course it won't be almond rice pudding in that case))
- 3 tbsps sugar (Organic)
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Caramel Sauce ((homemade or store bought) plus more for serving)
- strawberries Mango (As needed or or any other fruit, chopped, for serving)
- nuts (As needed , chopped, for serving)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1½cups of water to a boil, add the rice and cook for 2~3 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine milk, salt, vanilla pod and seeds. Bring the milk to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the rice, cover and simmer for 25~35 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Add 2~3tbsp salted caramel sauce. Stir well and let cool.
- To serve: Divide the rice pudding between serving bowls and pass more caramel sauce on the side. Serve with fresh fruit and chopped nuts on top.