Almond Rice Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Recipe to make Almond Rice Pudding with homemade Caramel Sauce. Served with fresh fruit and chopped nuts -- it's absolutely delicious.
- ½ cup white rice ((Basmati, Jasmine or Arborio rice are good options, but any white rice would work here))
- 2 cups almond milk (Unsweetened (or any other dairy or non-dairy milk, but of course it won't be almond rice pudding in that case))
- 3 tbsps sugar (Organic)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- (1.25l) fish stock
- 2 ~ 3 tbsps Caramel Sauce ((homemade or store bought) plus more for serving)
- strawberries Mango (As needed or or any other fruit, chopped, for serving)
- nuts (As needed , chopped, for serving)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1½cups of water to a boil, add the rice and cook for 2~3 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine milk, salt, vanilla pod and seeds. Bring the milk to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the rice, cover and simmer for 25~35 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Add 2~3tbsp salted caramel sauce. Stir well and let cool.
- To serve: Divide the rice pudding between serving bowls and pass more caramel sauce on the side. Serve with fresh fruit and chopped nuts on top.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout