Aronia Berry Smoothie
Easy to prepare, delicious and absolutely gorgeous aronia berry (chokeberry) smoothie recipe that will keep you satisfied for a long time.
- 0 cup aronia berries (black chokeberry)
- 2 apples
- 1 banana
- 0 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Wash the apples, core them, and finally cut them into smaller chunks. Peel the banana and slice it. Wash the aronia berries.
- Put the fruit and berries into the blender. Add the honey, water and cinnamon, or, alternatively, add them later to the mix. Blend until smooth. Note 1: The aronia berries' skin is tough so small pieces might remain. Add more water to the mix if needed.
Note 2: Some people like cooking the aronia first, to improve the taste. I suspect this comes at a price of some of the vitamins and minerals disappearing. If you feel like cooking them first, you can let them simmer in water on a saucepan, covered, for some 10 minutes. Remember to stir often.
- Pour the ready smoothie into glasses, decorate with aronia berries and a stick of cinnamon.