Asparagus Cordon Bleu
From a Chef's Kitchen
Asparagus Cordon Bleu is easy, impressive and elegant enough for your finest dinner party!
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 0.25 cup panko
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking dish by brushing with olive oil or spraying with cooking spray.
- Prepare an ice bath. Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil. Add approximately 1 tablespoon of salt. Drop the asparagus into the salted water. Cook 15-30 seconds or until asparagus turns bright green. Remove and immediately drop into the ice bath. Let cool thoroughly then pat dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Divide the asparagus into six even bundles. Wrap each in the prosciutto and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Combine butter and panko in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.