Bacon and Cranberry Stuffing
These make ahead stuffing balls will be a real treat on Christmas day! The best thing is they freeze well so that's one less job to do on the big day!
- 100 g smoked bacon lardons
- 70 g dried cranberries
- 25 ml ruby port
- 200 g breadcrumbs (I used brown multiseeded bread but any is fine)
- 2 tbsp dried sage
- 2 small white onions (chopped)
- 70 g butter
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 egg (beaten )
- salt and pepper (seasoning )
- Soak the cranberries in the port for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas 4. Cook the lardons in a frying pan. Once they are cooked put them in a bowl to cool.
- Fry the onions and garlic in the butter until the onions are soft, then turn the heat off and let cool.
- Place the cranberries, breadcrumbs and sage into a large bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon and onion mixture then give everything a good stir with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the egg and keep stirring until your mixture is combined.
- This is the fun bit, using your hands form medium size balls and place on the baking tray.
- Roast for 30 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with your Christmas dinner and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers