Baked Goat Cheese
The View From the Great Island
Baked Goat Cheese is an easy and elegant appetizer or light lunch, customize it any way you like with your favorite nuts or breadcrumbs for coating.
- approx 8 oz goat cheese, you will need approx 2 oz per person
- olive oil for brushing
- for Pistachio/Mint
- 1 cup raw or roasted pistachios
- 2 heaping Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- dash of salt
- for Marcona Almond/Rosemary
- marcona almonds, I like the roasted, salted, skin on variety
- 2 heaping Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Set oven to 350F
- Put the nuts and herbs in a mini food processor and process until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Slice or form 4 round patties of cheese. Brush the patty with oil and pat the crust on the top, sides, and bottom, making sure to cover it all.
- Set the patties on a lightly oiled baking sheet or dish. I recommend a rimless baking sheet for easy removal since the cheese is very delicate when hot.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. I ran mine under the broiler briefly just to get them sizzling, but be careful, if they get too hot they can start to melt. If you have difficulty removing the hot cheese without it falling apart, let it cool briefly.