Cake and Whisky
Banana bread is the most genius recipe - it's not only delicious, but also the ultimate way to turn a bunch of over-ripe bananas into the sweetest treat!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs (or switch for 1 banana)
- 120g g self-raising flour (switch for GF alternative as required)
- 100g g granulated sugar
- 60g g butter (or margarine)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 5). Line a rectangular cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the eggs (if using) and mix well.
- Add the flour and sugar, mix well.
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter until it takes a light amber colour (usually about 2-3 min), then pour into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of granulated sugar, then bake for 45min-1h.
- Once it's cooled slightly, remove the cake from the baking tin and place on a cooling rack to cool.