These beef tacos are easy enough for mid-week, and tasty enough to please everyone! Top with guacamole for a real treat.
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon hot paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree
- 12 flour tortillas (or taco shells)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- soured cream
- Dry-fry the mince in a frying pan until brown and crumbly, stirring occasionally and breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, green pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in the herbs and spices; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tomato puree and mix well. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a little of the mixture on each tortilla and roll up, or spoon into the taco shells. Secure tortillas with a cocktail stick. If using tortillas, heat the oil in a frying pan and then fry the rolls quickly until golden. Serve with your choice of accompaniments.
View the recipe instructions at allrecipes.co.uk