The View From the Great Island
How to Make Bircher Muesli ~ this classic healthy oat cereal is making a comeback lately, it's gluten free, full of fiber, and crazy delicious!
- 0.5 cup old fashioned rolled oats (don't use steel cut or quick cooking oats)
- 0.5 cup whole milk
- 0.5 peeled apple. grated or chopped (squeeze a little lemon juice on the apple to keep it from browning)
- 1 tbsp of sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp dried strawberries (my newest obsession)
- a drizzle of honey
- Combine the milk with the oats and let them soak in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Mix in your fruit and nuts, drizzle on some honey and enjoy.