The View From the Great Island
Blueberry Cornbread ~ this berrylicious cornbread is moist, tender, crumbly and juicy all at the same time. Serve it for breakfast, dinner, or dessert!
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 cup oat flour
- 0.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until there are no lumps. Then whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and then the buttermilk.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, flours, and cornmeal, stirring just until combined. Fold in the berries.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. You can pop a few extra blueberries into the top of the batter if you like.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without any wet batter clinging to it. You might have a few cracks on top and the edges will just be pulling away from the sides of the pan slightly. Cool on a rack for about 15 minutes before releasing the sides of the spring form pan.