Butter Brickle Bark
The View From the Great Island
Easy Butter Brickle Bark ~ this is it, the ultimate easy peasy homemade candy that you can make for yourself, or for gifts. The prep is just 5 minutes!
- 10 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (I use Nestle Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 8 ounce bag of Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits (you won't need the whole bag)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on full power for one minute. Stir and then heat another 30 seconds. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until smooth and creamy, letting the heat of the bowl melt all the chips. If there is still some unmelted chocolate you can zap it for another 15 seconds. Tiny lumps won't affect the final bark.
- Pour the chocolate out onto the baking sheet and spread out to a rectangle, roughly 7 or 8 x 12. You don't have to be exact here, but I like to get it to an even thickness all around.
- Sprinkle the brickle bits evenly all over the surface of the chocolate. Press down very gently to make sure the bits will adhere to the chocolate as it sets up.
- Put the tray in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until hardened, then carefully chop it into chunks.
- I like to keep the bark refrigerated.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island