Caramelized White Chocolate Macadamia Bark
The View From the Great Island
This unique Blonde Chocolate Macadamia Bark is an easy homemade candy made with white chocolate that is slowly 'toasted' in the oven to a rich caramel!
- 12 oz white chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- a pinch of sea salt
- Set the oven to 250F
- Spread the chocolate out on a baking sheet.
- Put the pan in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes. Remove the tray and stir the chocolate. Repeat this process, stirring every 10 minutes, for as long as it takes for the chocolate to take on a rich brown color. I used a silicone 'spoonula' which was perfect for scraping up the chocolate as I stirred.
- The chocolate may appear lumpy or grainy at times...just keep stirring and it will smooth out. When the chocolate has become a nice rich brown, remove it from the oven and either use it right away, or spoon it into a jar. Keep at room temperature.
- To make the Macadamia Bark, mix the hot chocolate with the nuts, and salt, if using, and then spread out into a rectangle. I did this right on the same baking sheet. Let the chocolate harden at room temperature, or in the refrigerator.
- Break or cut into pieces when it is firm.