Carrot and Fennel Soup
This soup is full of goodness and you will be getting one of your 5-a-day for sure! It also tastes absolutely delicious and is a breeze to make.
- 1 kg carrots (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 fennel bulb (chopped)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (crush to a powder)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 2 organic chicken stock cubes ((if you want to make this vegetarian then use vegetable stock))
- 1.1 litres boiling water
- salt and pepper (seasoning )
- fresh coriander (optional to serve)
- Chop and wash all the vegetables. In a large sauce pan on a medium heat warm the oil and add the garlic purée.
- Add all the vegetables and pour in 300ml of chicken stock, bring to a boil, place the lid on and leave on the heat for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add 200ml of chicken stock. Using a soup stick start to whizz up your vegetables until it looks like a purée.
- Gradually add all the stock and keep blending until you are happy with the consistency of your soup.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush up your fennel seeds until you have a powder. Add to your soup, season well with salt and pepper.
- Put back on the heat for 10 minutes on a low heat to cook through.
- Serve with half a cheese toasty or some crunchy bread, garnish the soup with coriander if you wish. Enjoy!