Cherry and Dark Chocolate Flapjacks
Everybody loves a flapjack for breakfast or an afternoon snack with a cuppa tea or coffee! Why don't you make your own - they're so easy!
- 110 g margarine/unsalted butter
- 110 g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp honey
- 90 g glace cherries
- 50 g flaked almonds (crushed)
- 225 g rolled oats (I used organic )
- 90 g dark chocolate chips
- 50 g dark cooking chocolate
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4. Grease and line a baking tray.
- Melt the margarine, sugar and honey in a saucepan on a medium heat, being sure not to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the cherries, almonds and oats then mix everything together.
- Add your dark chocolate chips and stir in.
- Tip the mixture on to the middle of the baking tray and shape it into a rectangle about an inch high.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once your flapjacks are cooked let them cool on the side, leaving them in the tray.
- Once it has cooled down, melt the dark chocolate and using a spoon flick over the top on your flapjack.
- Leave the chocolate to settle and cut in to fingers. Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers