Chicken BLT Salad with Spicy Avocado Ranch Dressing
From a Chef's Kitchen
Chicken BLT Salad with Spicy Avocado Ranch Dressing is fresh, cool, crunchy and the perfect way to use up grilled chicken.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 strips thin bacon
- romaine or red leaf lettuce
- grilled chicken
- thinly sliced red onion
- roma tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Cut the bacon strips in half widthwise, then cut in half lengthwise to create four "mini" strips of bacon. Place in a skillet or saute pan. Cook over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place lettuce in salad bowls or on a plate. Top with chicken, red onion, tomatoes, avocado and bacon. Drizzle wtih dressing. Serve immediately.