Chicken Pad Thai | Slimming & Weight Watchers Friendly
This slimming friendly Chicken Pad Thai really hits the spot! It's packed with veg which makes it perfect if you're calorie counting or following a plan like Weight Watchers.
- 2 tbsp ketchup sweetened with honey
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (you can use worcestershire sauce)
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp powdered peanut butter (mixed with 1 tsp of water)
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 200 g rice noodles
- 200 g chicken breast (diced)
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 50 g fresh beansprouts
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 onion (medium, cut into slices)
- 5 g coriander (chopped)
- 1 stir fry vegetable pack (approx 200 g roughly chopped)
- First, make the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the pack instructions (usually cover with boiling water for about 10 minutes).
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, then add the sliced onions and diced chicken to the pan.
- Cook until golden brown and the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the vegetables, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set aside and add a little more low calorie cooking spray to the pan.
- Whisk the eggs, then add to the frying pan and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring continuously until the eggs are scrambled. Don\'t over cook them, it\'s best to leave them a little wet.
- Add the spring onion and beansprouts and cook for a minute. Don\'t overcook - or else your eggs will disappoint!
- Return the chicken and onions to the pan, add the cooked noodles, then pour the sauce over the top and stir well over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with some chopped coriander and serve.
View the recipe instructions at pinchofnom.com