Chickpea & Pinto Bean Chili
Its still a little chilly in our part of the world and this chili is right for those nights where you just want something to warm you up.
- 1 cup chickpeas (– cooked)
- 1 cup Pinto Beans (– cooked)
- 1 onion (– medium, chopped)
- 1 celery (– stalk, chopped)
- 1 pepper (Green – medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (– minced)
- 1 oz 14 . cans Tomatoes (of Crushed (I used crushed with basil))
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bouillon cube (Vegetarian (optional)(I used 1tbsp vegetarian chicken base))
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin (powder)
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a sauce pan; add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add celery and green peppers; cook until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, chili powder, cumin powder, bouillon cube (if using), salt and pepper; simmer for about 15-20 minutes on medium-low flame. Adjust seasoning and serve warm.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout