Chili Roasted Kale Sprouts with Lime Salt
From a Chef's Kitchen
Southwestern seasonings and a zesty lime salt take this super food to super snack!
- zest of 2 large limes
- 2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt
- 4 (6-ounce) bags kale sprouts
- ⅓ cup olive oil ((divided))
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, hot or mild
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Spread the lime zest out on a paper towel and let dry for at least 4 hours.
- Combine dried zest and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread kale sprouts out on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over kale sprouts and massage lightly with your hands so that the kale sprouts are oiled as evenly as possible.
- Combine chili powder and chipotle powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half the chili powder and chipotle combination over the kale sprouts as evenly as possible, toss with a wooden spoon then sprinkle the remainder as evenly as possible.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle lime salt to taste over the kale sprouts. Serve immediately.
- Kale sprouts can vary in size. Adjust roasting time accordingly. You want them crispy but not burned. If burned, they will be bitter.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen