Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
The View From the Great Island
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, the kind your mom or grandma used to make, upgraded with dark chocolate chips!
- dry ingredients
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup well mashed banana (about 2 bananas, but be sure to measure with a dry cup measure)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs ((beaten))
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set the oven to 350F
- Whisk the dry ingredients together, making sure to smooth out any lumps from the brown sugar.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients, making sure to beat everything well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and mix until everything is well combined. Don't over beat.
- Turn the batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. I like to line the pan with one sheet of parchment paper with overlapping edges so I can easily lift the bread out to cool and slice.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until it is risen, browned, and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
- If you can stand it, let the bread cool a little before cutting into thick slices.