Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars
The View From the Great Island
Survive the summer with these to-die-for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars!
makes 8 popsicles
- peanut butter ice cream
- 2 cups (1 pint) half and half
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.5 tsp vanilla
- chocolate coating
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- Blend the half and half with the peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. I do this in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the instructions
- Spoon the just made ice cream, while it is still soft, into your popsicle molds. With my mold I was able to fill 8 slots. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until solid.
- To make the chocolate coating, put the chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup and add the oil. Microwave for 1 minute, and then stir to melt everything. If necessary, return to the microwave for very short 15 second bursts until everything is smooth and glossy. Let cool to room temperature.
- To unmold the popsicles, fill the sink with hot water and dip the mold up to, but not over, the top lip, and hold for 15 seconds. Remove the popsicles and set them on the tray and put back in the freezer. You want the popsicles completely cold before dipping.
- When ready to dip, work with one popsicle at a time, remove it from the freezer and dip into the chocolate mixture. Lay it down on another tray, or on parchment paper. The chocolate will harden almost immediately. You can wrap the popsicles in waxed paper and return to the freezer.