Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
The View From the Great Island
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are the answer when you need something sweet in a hurry. Great for holidays, gifts, parties, or just family snacks.
makes about 60 dipped pretzels
- pretzels, any shape you like.
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (use milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 1 and 1/2 cups butterscotch chips milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups Wilton white candy melts
- assorted sprinkles
- Lay out a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper on your work surface.
- Put the chocolate into a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup or other wide but small microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir. Put it back in for 15 second bursts if the chocolate is not all melted. Be sure not to overheat the chocolate, let it sit and allow the heat of the glass to finish melting all the lumps.
- Dip the pretzels, one at a time, into the chocolate and let the excess drip off before laying them on the paper. Shower the chocolate with sprinkles immediately, while it is still wet.
- Let the pretzels harden at room temperature before packaging them.
- Each type of chocolate will make about 20 pretzels for a total of 60, if you use all three.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island