This Chocolate Granola recipe is easy to make and takes just a few minutes to put together. It has a delightful clumpy texture and is absolutely delicious.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Mixed Nuts (I used a combination of pecans and almonds)
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Coconut flakes or Shredded dry coconut
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Coconut oil (I used Barlean's butter flavored coconut oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Cacoa Nibs/ Chocolate chips/ dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil and maple syrup. Cook on low heat until the oil is melted into the maple syrup. Turn off the heat and keep ready.
- Combine oats, nuts, coconut flakes, cocoa powder, chia seeds, sugar and salt in a food processor (or a large mixing bowl) and pulse until combined.
- Stir in the melted coconut oil mixture and pulse for a few times to mix all the ingredients together. Using the food processor makes the ingredients smaller and stick together.
- Transfer the oats mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 20~24 minutes or until the granola is crispy and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the dried fruit (if using). Let it cool for a minute and then add the cacao nibs and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout