Classic Chocolate Mousse
Cake and Whisky
There is one way to make a classic chocolate mousse & that is with chocolate + eggs. It's better for you, A LOT less fussy to make & tastes SO MUCH BETTER!
- 4 eggs ((beaten))
- 200 g of the best quality dark chocolate you can find
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- When the chocolate is fully melted, take it off the heat and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, then incorporate them into the chocolate mix.
- Pour into individual ramequins, glasses or a family-style serving dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to a day before serving.
View the recipe instructions at Cake and Whisky