Classic gingerbread cookies
The classic gingerbread recipe, that you can easily make at home.
- 2 & ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 g butter (room temperature)
- ¾ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and molasses and continue mixing.
- Add the flour, salt, spices and baking powder and mix, until the dough is formed.
- Once the dough is ready, wrap it in cling film, and let it rest in the fridge, for 30 minutes. You can also prepare the dough ahead, and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Bring the dough out of the fridge and let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Roll the dough and cut it in different shapes using cookies cutters.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the edges start to get golden-brown.
- Let them rest in the pan for 8 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea, or pack them beautifully and share with your loved ones.
View the recipe instructions at Mandarina