Coconut Flour Chocolate Muffins
Chocolate Muffins made with coconut flour. They are very chocolaty and are so fluffy and delicious.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa (Unsweetened)
- ¼ cup Almond Cashew butter (or)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil (, melted and cooled (I've also used canola oil instead of coconut oil and it works just
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Almond Soy milk (or)
- 2 tbsps Egg flax seeds water (replacer powder or Ground whisked in 6tbsps (or use 2 large eggs))
- ⅓ cup chocolate (Semisweet Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, combine almond/ cashew butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is smooth -- you can use an electric mixer here, but I just whisk it with a spoon.
- Add the eggs (or egg replacer solution) and mix until well combined.
- Pour in almond/ soy milk and mix.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 18~22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout