Cod with Lemon and Olives
The View From the Great Island
Cod with Lemon and Olives is a low fat and delicious 30 minute meal, full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and one of my favorites. For such a simple recipe it's packed with flavor!
- ¾ - 1 lb cod
- ¼ cup white wine
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup assorted olives
- 1 to 2 Tbsp capers (drained)
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- olive oil ((divided))
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Set oven to 400F
- Lay out the fish in a pan with sides, or a casserole dish. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan.
- Scatter the olives and capers around, then sprinkle everything with the salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and zest.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 20-30 minutes until the fish flakes and is done through. The exact time will depend on your oven, and the thickness of your fish. Use your judgement, the fish is done when it is opaque throughout, and flakes when you cut it open.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island