Curried cauliflower cheese soup
Cake and Whisky
Fragrant, gently spiced, indulgent-sounding but incredibly light, this curried cauliflower cheese soup is soooooo gouda. Plus it's basically free food!
- 1 stalks of one large cauliflower head
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 thumb(ish) grated cheddar
- salt, pepper or chilli powder
- to serve: toppings e.g. a soft boiled egg, crushed nuts, chopped fresh herbs, fried onion (crumbled)
- Dice the cauliflower stalk, then cook into a pan of water until very tender.
- Remove the cauliflower with a slotted spoon, then blend with some of the cooking water until you get the texture you like.
- Add the curry powder and the grated cheddar and blend until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper or chilli and serve warm topped with delicious little bits (I went for a soft boiled egg, crushed cashews and coriander leaves).