Curried Rice with Raisins and Cashews
Curried Rice with Raisins and Cashews is a quick and easy side dish that would be great as a Thanksgiving side dish. It is slightly sweet and spicy.
- 2 cups basmati rice (rinsed and drained)
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter or Olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 0.5 cup Cashews
- 0.5 cup golden raisins
- 0.5 cup Cilantro, finely hopped
- to taste Salt
- Heat butter/ olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Add the onions and cook for 4~5 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute until some of the grains start to turn opaque.
- Add 3cups of water and salt; bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15~18 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in the raisins and cashews. Cover and set aside for another 10 minutes before serving. Mix the chopped cilantro just before serving. Enjoy!!