Curried Rice with Raisins and Cashews
Curried Rice with Raisins and Cashews is a quick and easy side dish that would be great as a Thanksgiving side dish. It is slightly sweet and spicy.
- 2 cups basmati rice (rinsed and drained)
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter or Olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ cup Cashews
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup Cilantro, finely hopped
- to taste Salt
- Heat butter/ olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Add the onions and cook for 4~5 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute until some of the grains start to turn opaque.
- Add 3cups of water and salt; bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15~18 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in the raisins and cashews. Cover and set aside for another 10 minutes before serving. Mix the chopped cilantro just before serving. Enjoy!!
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout