Curry Roasted Carrots with Honey Browned Butter
From a Chef's Kitchen
Add some color to your life with Curry Roasted Carrots with Honey Browned Butter. This dish will make you love carrots again!
- 3 bunches baby carrots, one each yellow, orange and purple
- olive oil ((divided))
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, hot or mild
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove tops from carrots and reserve for another purpose if desired. Toss with olive oil, curry powder and salt and black pepper to taste. Spread out onto a baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Meawhile, make honey browned butter.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat. When it starts to simmer and bubble, reduce heat and cook until it begins to brown and the milk solids start to stick to the pan--approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Let the butter settle down a bit so any browned bits fall to the bottom.
- Carefully drain browned butter off into a small bowl. Whisk in honey and season with salt if desired.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish. Drizzle butter over carrots and serve immediately.