Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles
End the year with a bang with these amazing Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles. Pure bliss in every single bite! No-bake recipe!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 2 tbs full coconut oil (in solid form)
- 4 tbs agave syrup
- 1 vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 grams dark chocolate (65% cacao )
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut for decoration
- In a bowl place desiccated coconut and coconut flour.
- Add coconut oil to a pan and gently melt on low heat. Add agave syrup, vanilla extract and pinch of salt and whisk to combine.
- Add liquids to coconut and with your hands knead into a compact dough. Take about a tea spoon of dough and roll into a ball roughly the size of a walnut. Place coconut ball on a plate lined with baking paper or aluminium foil. Repeat until you use up all of the coconut dough. You should get about 18 truffles, give or take. When done, cover the truffles with some cling foil and place into the fridge for half an hour, to enable them to set.
- Break dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a steel bowl over bain-marie (water bath) to melt. Stir to ensure an even melt.
- Remove coconut truffles from fridge, and dunk them one-by-one in dark chocolate. Roll around to ensure an even coat, then drain the excess chocolate and place truffles back on lined plate. Sprinkle truffles with desiccated coconut for decoration and place back into the fridge for half an hour to set.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge and serve chilled.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates