Drumstick Ice Cream Pie
The View From the Great Island
Drumstick Ice Cream Pie is inspired by one of summer’s most memorable treats. it's an easy, no-bake dessert that wows everybody!
- 5 ounce package of ice cream cones
- 6 tbsp butter
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 0.5 cup dark chocolate chips
- ice cream
- 1.5 quarts Vanilla Ice cream
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 cup chopped Walnuts
- Put the cones in a food processor and process until they are finely ground. You should end up with somewhere around 1 1/2 cups of crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter, tossing as you add the butter, until they are completely mixed.
- Lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch pie plate and gently but firmly press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides. Put the crust in the freezer while you make the ganache.
- Heat the cream until it just comes to a simmer. Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then stir until smooth. let cool slightly, then pour into the cold crust, and push it up the sides a little bit. Put back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take the ice cream out and set it on the counter for about 10-15 minutes to soften. Then spoon it into the cold pie shell and smooth it out. Fill the shell and mount it slightly. You may not need the whole 1 1/2 quarts. Put the pie back in the freezer until the ice cream is hardened.
- To make the chocolate topping melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in the microwave --- heat for one minute, then stir. Heat in small 15 second intervals if necessary, stirring in between to melt completely.
- Pour the chocolate over the ice cream to cover completely. Immediately sprinkle the nuts over the surface before the chocolate hardens. Put the pie back in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- Remove the cake a few minutes ahead of time to make cutting easier.
- Alternative method: Do not coat the pie with the chocolate topping ahead of time. Cut the ice cream in slices, and then, just before serving, coat with the chocolate shell.