Easy Chicken Caesar Salad with Worry-Free Dressing
Easy Chicken Caesar Salad with Worry-Free Dressing is a lightened-up version that uses no eggs or anchovies. Quick and easy weekday dinner in just 30 minutes!
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce
- 400 grams chicken breasts
- 3 slices stale bread
- toasted pinenuts
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (squeezed)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely diced or grated)
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil ((divided))
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Cut lettuce into pieces, wash and drain well. Make sure it has as little water left over as possible to make the dressing stick better.
- Cut chicken into dices and marinate with a spoon of oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, some red paprika, turmeric and thyme. Heat a pan to medium, add chicken and cook until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Cut bread into dices, drizzle with some olive oil and bake until crispy, either in an oven or in a pan on the stove.
- Prepare the salad dressing: in a container, place mustard, lemon juice, garlic, vegan mayonnaise, soy sauce, season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil, sunflower oil and grated Parmesan. Whisk until well combined.
- Place lettuce in a bowl, add chicken, bread croutons, some Parmesan shavings, toasted pine nuts and coat with the dressing until well combined. Serve.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates