Easy Fish Tacos
Spend With Pennies
Easy Fish Tacos are quick & healthy with a homemade spice mix and your favorite toppings! They bake in the oven & are on the table in under 20 minutes!
- 1½ lbs fillets of tilapia (or cod/haddock)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 lime (wedged)
- toppings to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ lime (juiced)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all fish taco sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine rub ingredients and rub into fish fillets. Place fish on a parchment lined pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until flaky and cooked.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Break fish into large chunks and divide between tortillas. Top as desired and serve.
View the recipe instructions at Spend With Pennies