Glazed Gingerbread Bundt Cake
The View From the Great Island
Glazed Gingerbread Bundt Cake ~ a spiced gingerbread cake iced with a thin sugar glaze ~ this easy spice cake guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit.
- pan prep
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground cloves
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- 0.25 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 0.33333333333333 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 0.25 cup molasses
- 0.75 cup half and half, buttermilk, or milk
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar,
- about 5 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Prep your bundt pan by brushing with melted butter and then dusting with flour. Be sure to get in all the crevices.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and spices together in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and oil together with the sugar. Blend in the eggs and molasses.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the half and half, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix just until thoroughly combined, but don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or just until done in the middle...you can check with a toothpick.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then gently loosen the edges and carefully invert onto a cooling rack.
- Whisk the confectoner's sugar with the water to form a smooth glaze. Paint the glaze onto the cake with a pastry brush. The first layer will sink right in. Brush on 2 more layers to build up the glaze. (This makes a little more glaze than you will probably need, but better to be safe than sorry.)