Gongura Paneer (Paneer with Sorrel Spinach)
A lipsmacking combination of Gongura (Sorrel spinach) and Paneer -- this dish is definitely going to tickle your taste buds.
- 3 cups supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (Gongura leaves)
- 2 cups Paneer (- , cubed)
- 2 onion (- medium, chopped, divided use)
- 3 ~ 4 chilies (Green)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder (Red)
- 1 tsp coriander (Ground)
- 1 ginger (" - piece, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (- , minced)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded
- to taste Salt
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic, green chilies and half of the onions. Cook till onions turn transparent.
- Next add gongura and cook till the green wilt. Let the mixture cool down and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and the remaining half of the onions, turmeric and salt. Cook till the onions are lightly browned around the edges.
- Add chili powder, ground coriander and add ½cup water and bring to a boil.
- Add the gongura paste along with the fried paneer and cook for 4~5 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Serve with roti or rice.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout