Grand Marnier Truffles
The View From the Great Island
Grand Marnier Truffles are a super easy decadent holiday treat with a subtle hint of orange liqueur.
2 to 2 1/2 dozen truffles
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce 11 bag of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur
- 0.5 cup unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Heat the cream until it just comes to a simmer. You can do this on the stove or in the microwave.
- Put the chocolate and Grand Marnier in a mixing bowl and pour the cream over it. Let sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Stir to melt the chocolate, the mixture should be smooth and glossy. If necessary you can microwave for a short burst to completely melt the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the chocolate ganache until it is chilled and scoop-able, about 2 hours.
- I use my smallest 1 inch scoop to portion out the ganache. Roll it into a smooth ball between your hands and then roll it in the cocoa powder. When all the truffles are coated, refrigerate them until serving.