Grand Marnier Truffles
The View From the Great Island
Grand Marnier Truffles are a super easy decadent holiday treat with a subtle hint of orange liqueur.
2 to 2 1/2 dozen truffles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce 11 bag of dark chocolate chips (I used Nestle)
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting (sifted)
- Heat the cream until it just comes to a simmer. You can do this on the stove or in the microwave.
- Put the chocolate and Grand Marnier in a mixing bowl and pour the cream over it. Let sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Stir to melt the chocolate, the mixture should be smooth and glossy. If necessary you can microwave for a short burst to completely melt the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the chocolate ganache until it is chilled and scoop-able, about 2 hours.
- I use my smallest 1 inch scoop to portion out the ganache. Roll it into a smooth ball between your hands and then roll it in the cocoa powder. When all the truffles are coated, refrigerate them until serving.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island