Grilled Baby Eggplant with Minted Yogurt and Pomegranate
The View From the Great Island
Grilled Baby Eggplant with Minted Yogurt and Pomegranate is a simple and healthy Middle Eastern inspired side dish or appetizer
- minted yogurt sauce
- 1 cup yogurt
- a large handful of fresh mint leaves (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 10 baby eggplant
- olive oil
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (substitute toasted pine nuts or walnuts)
- Process the sauce ingredients in a small food processor until smooth. Taste to adjust and then refrigerate until needed. You do this the day ahead if you like.
- Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise. I like to try to keep the stems intact, so I slice right through those as well. Brush each cut side lightly with olive oil and place, face down, on a preheated grill pan. Grill for several minutes on each side until the eggplants are charred and starting to soften.
- Serve the eggplant hot on a platter drizzled with the yogurt sauce and topped with pomegranate seeds.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island