Grilled Turkish Ground Lamb Kebabs
From a Chef's Kitchen
Grilled Turkish Ground Lamb Kebabs are a delicious, spicy and exotic way to change up your summer grilling routine!
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ small Onion ( coarsely chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 4 large cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 teaspoon baharat
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ pound ground lamb
- olive oil
- pita bread, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, plain yogurt (for serving)
- In a mini food processor, grind pistachios until finely ground.
- Add onion, garlic, parsley, baharat, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne and salt and process to paste consistency. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ground lamb and mix until combined.
- Divide lamb mixture into 4 even sausage-shaped portions. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread a skewer through the center of each portion lengthwise. Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Brush the kebabs with olive oil then place on grill. Reduce heat to medium and grill 2-3 minutes per side, making quarter turns until cooked through.
- Serve on pitas with onion, tomatoes, lettuc and yogurt.