Ham & Pineapple Pizza Burger
You Totally Got This
Newsflash: This Ham & Pineapple Burger is going to settle the pineapple pizza debate once and for all. So quick, so easy, so yum! Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to make. Your family is going to love this one.
- 2 tsp olive oil ((divided))
- 1 small red onion
- 200g g ham sliced super thick
- 1 medium tomato
- 0.25 iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices tasty cheese
- 2 rings pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste or tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 round rolls (regular or gluten free, depending on your dietary preference)
- Preheat your oven grill or broiler on high.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion.
- Transfer the onion to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the soft. Remove the onion from the pan and set aside. Next add the ham to the frying pan. Cook for a couple of minutes each side until slightly browned. While the ham is cooking, thinly slice the tomato and lettuce.
- Slice your rolls in half and spread the bottom half with tomato paste or sauce. Next, top with onion, ham, pineapple and cheese and transfer to the oven. Leave under the grill for a few minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- When you remove the burgers from the oven, top with lettuce and tomato and finish by placing the other half of each roll on top.