Healthy and Delicious Blueberry Smoothie
Here's a recipe for a gorgeous fiber- and antioxidants-packed blueberry smoothie. It makes a perfect meal replacement or can be served as a healthy dessert.
- 1 banana ((fresh or frozen))
- 1 Pear Juice or Cider
- 1 apple
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt ((preferably vanilla soygurt))
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed ((ground))
- 1 cup blueberries ((fresh or frozen))
- 1 tsp agave syrup ((optional))
- 1 tbsp granola, any seeds or crushed nuts ((I used Weetabix in this recipe))
- fresh figs, blackberries and blueberries or any other fruits or berries you have
- To prepare the blueberry nice-cream, simply add the blueberries and the sweetener (optional) into your blender jar, and process until nice and smooth.
- Wash your blender jar in order to create clean and distinct layers.
- Start with the yogurt and pour it into the blender jar.
- Peel the apple and the pear, or wash them very throughly, roughly chop and also put into the blender.
- Peel the banana and break it into chunks and add to other ingredients in the blender.
- Lastly, add the chia seeds and the flax seeds.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour the beige layer and then alternate it with the blueberry nice-cream. Repeat once again if your serving glass or a jar allows it.
- Sprinkle with granola, seeds, or nuts of your choice. Decorate with fresh fruits.
- Serve this smoothie immediately. If you want to eat it later, the smoothie can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
View the recipe instructions at Smoothie Fairytales