Healthy and Delicious Blueberry Smoothie
Here's a recipe for a gorgeous fiber- and antioxidants-packed blueberry smoothie. It makes a perfect meal replacement or can be served as a healthy dessert.
- 1 banana ((fresh or frozen))
- 1 Pear Juice or Cider
- 1 apple
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt ((preferably vanilla soygurt))
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed ((ground))
- 1 cup blueberries ((fresh or frozen))
- 1 tsp agave syrup ((optional))
- 1 tbsp granola, any seeds or crushed nuts ((I used Weetabix in this recipe))
- fresh figs, blackberries and blueberries or any other fruits or berries you have
- To prepare the blueberry nice-cream, simply add the blueberries and the sweetener (optional) into your blender jar, and process until nice and smooth.
- Wash your blender jar in order to create clean and distinct layers.
- Start with the yogurt and pour it into the blender jar.
- Peel the apple and the pear, or wash them very throughly, roughly chop and also put into the blender.
- Peel the banana and break it into chunks and add to other ingredients in the blender.
- Lastly, add the chia seeds and the flax seeds.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour the beige layer and then alternate it with the blueberry nice-cream. Repeat once again if your serving glass or a jar allows it.
- Sprinkle with granola, seeds, or nuts of your choice. Decorate with fresh fruits.
- Serve this smoothie immediately. If you want to eat it later, the smoothie can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours.