Healthy Falafel Pizza
This gluten free Falafel Pizza is a huge falafel crust topped with Mediterranean condiments! This healthy recipe is a new way to enjoy falafel flavors.
- 0.5 white onion
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 0.25 cup flaxseed + 1/4 cup water
- 0.5 cup garbanzo bean flour
- cherry tomatoes (halved)
- pitted olives
- sliced onion
- chopped cucumber
- fresh parsley ( chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Add the onion, cilantro, parsley, and garlic into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add in the remaining ingredients, including the flax mixture, and process until the batter comes together and everything is incorporated.
- Scoop half of the batter onto one end of the baking dish. Shape it into a circle and smooth out the top so that it is an even 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining batter on the other side of the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To each pizza, spread on a layer of hummus, then top with onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and parsley. Serve.