Heirloom Parmesan Tomatoes
The View From the Great Island
The best way to enjoy height of the season tomatoes is also the simplest...Heirloom Parmesan Tomatoes are ready in 10 minutes, and they go with everything!
- 1 tomato per person
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- grated Parmesan or an Italian mix cheese
- fresh basil or thyme leaves for garnish
- Slice each tomato into 1/2 inch slices. You can use the ends, too. Lay them out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper, and then lightly drizzle them with olive oil.
- Top each tomato with a generous portion of grated cheese.
- Slide the pan under the broiler with the rack on the highest setting and watch carelully, the cheese will turn browned and bubbly very quickly.
- Serve the tomatoes immediately, with a sprinkle of fresh or dried herbs.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island