Honey Roasted Plums with Fresh Ricotta
The View From the Great Island
Honey Roasted Plums with Fresh Ricotta, a unique Italian style fruit dessert that opens up all sorts of delicious possibilities for summer evenings...
- 1 cup fresh made ricotta, recipe here
- 4 firm ripe plums, halved and pitted
- butter for the pan
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Butter the bottom of a small skillet or baking dish.
- Arrange the plums, cut side up, on the bottom of the dish. Drizzle with honey and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the plums are releasing their juices and getting soft. Put the pan under the broiler for a minute or so if you want to get some charring on the fruit.
- Put some of the fresh ricotta into individual bowls and top with 2 of the roasted plums, spooning any juices over top.
- Serve immediately, garnished with some fresh thyme.