BBC Good Food
What could be more comforting than chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce and cheese? Serve this easy chicken dish with mash or roast potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for the tray
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- ½ pack runner beans, ends trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 50 ml sticky BBQ sauce
- 25 g grated Parmesan
- 4 potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Oil a tray, put the chicken breasts on it and cover each one with 2 bacon rashers. Put the chicken in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, fry the onion in 1 tbsp oil until golden brown and soft, then set aside. Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 mins until soft. Put another smaller pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil while the potatoes are cooking. Once boiling, tip in the runner beans and carrots and cook for 8-10 mins until soft but with a little bite. Drain the potatoes and put them back in the pan with the milk and cream cheese, mash until smooth and stir though the fried onions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour over the BBQ sauce and scatter over the parmesan and return to the oven for 2 mins until the cheese has melted. Serve with the mash, carrots and runner beans.
View the recipe instructions at BBC Good Food