Ice Cream Bon Bons
The View From the Great Island
These Ice Cream Bon Bons are impossibly cute, and utterly addictive. You can customize them with your favorite ice cream flavor!
makes 12-16 bon bons
- ice cream, any flavor you like
- magic Shell Coating
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate (chips or squares)
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- Put a baking sheet in the freezer to get it cold. Then use a small 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop to scoop out 12 scoops of ice cream and place them on the cold tray. Work quickly and then put the tray back in the freezer.
- To make the chocolate coating, put the chocolate in a smallish, deep bowl or measuring cup. If you are using bar chocolate, cut it up in small pieces first. Add the coconut oil and microwave it for one minute. Stir well. If the chocolate is not completely melted, put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir again until the chocolate is completely smooth. Set aside to allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Dip each scoop into the chocolate using a fork to hold the ice cream, and a spoon to help cover it completely. Tap off any excess and lay the bon bon back on the tray. Immediately add the sprinkles, before the chocolate hardens. Continue with the rest of the scoops. You may have to work in shifts so that the ice cream doesn't melt. You can freeze a another plate and transfer a few scoops at a time to the plate if you like.
- Store the bon bons in the freezer in a plastic or glass food storage container, or in freezer baggies, until ready to eat.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island