Inside Out Quinoa Burger
This Inside Out Quinoa Burger uses burger patties as buns! This 30 minute gluten free and vegan recipe is a fun twist on burger night!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal mixed with 1/4 cup water
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup plain hummus
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- 3 garlic cloves (, minced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- tomato slices
- spinach or lettuce
- onion slices
- In a bowl, stir together all of the patty ingredients until well combined. Form into patty shapes. If the mixture is sticking to your hands, lightly coat them with water to prevent sticking.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick oil and place in the patties, cooking in patches if needed. Cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes and flip. Cook until the second side is golden. Let the burgers rest for 10 minutes on a cooking rack.
- Spread the patties with hummus and pile high with spinach, tomato, and onion slices. Serve.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds