Instant Pot Cheddar Risotto with Fresh Sage
The View From the Great Island
Instant Pot Cheddar Risotto with Fresh Sage takes just 6 miutes in the Instant Pot ~ it's instant comfort food, on the table in no time!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 heaped cup arborio rice
- 1 cup chicken stock, plus more if needed (use veggie stock if you like)
- 1 cup dry white wine (sub chicken stock if you don't want the alcohol)
- 5-6 large fresh sage leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces good cheddar cheese (grated)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Plug in the Instant Pot and push sauté. Set to medium. Add the oil and butter and when they are hot, add the rice. Stir to coat the rice and sauté for a couple of minutes. Press Cancel.
- Add the stock, wine, and sage leaves to the pot and give everything a stir. Scrape down the sides of the pot if there is any rice sticking to it. Lock on the cover and set the vent to Seal. press Pressure Cook and set for 6 minutes.
- When the machine beeps wait 5 minutes, then release the pressure valve. When the pressure has come down, remove the lid.
- Remove the sage leaves and stir in the cheese. Stir until it has completely melted and everything is creamy. If you like you can add a bit more chicken stock at this point if you like your risotto with a looser consistency.
- Check the seasonings and ladle the risotto into bowls. Garnish with a fresh sage leaf or two and a grinding of black pepper.