Instant Pot Mexican Corn
Love On A Plate
May 6, 2019- Crisp Corn seasoned with cumin, jalapeno, red peppers, crema and Cilantro all made in minutes in your Instant Pot.
- 4 cups corn (about 4-5 ears, cut from the cob or frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ small red onion (diced)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 6 onions (diced)
- 2 jalapeño pepper (diced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 splashes of Hot Sauce
- ½ cup cotija cheese (crumbled*)
- To Cook Corn on the Cob:
- Pour 1 cup of cold water in the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4-5 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on manual for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and Quick Release.
- Open the lid carefully.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Add the olive oil in the Instant Pot and turn it to saute, add the red peppers, jalapeños, and onion.
- Stir until the onions turn lightly translucent. Add the corn and stir to combine. Add the lime juice and stir to combine. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour your corn mix into a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients, stir everything together until well combined. Garnish with additional cheese, salsa, and cilantro.